Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

Paul Hartmann actually runs PBM express again . After his run-in with the Dutch IRS , he reconsituted his company....they no longer run pbm games , rather do things like sell action figures and junk like that . I used to play in Orion and Draconis with PBM express....sometimes even drove up to Dordrecht to pick up my games if I was overly impatient for the printout .

Wow, just connected the dots between driving up to Dordrecht and your location... you must have been realllllllly desperate! :rolleyes:

lol, I believe he lived in Germany at the time. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul lived in Dordrecht , which is near Rotterdam . I would drive from near Frankfurt , leave at about 9 am , and was relatively quickly there....you have to remember that I lived in Germany . No speed limit on the autobahn , so I was driving about 110 mph , so the drive was interesting , and really not too long . The boring part was in the Netherlands , where they had a pretty low speed limit ( believe it was 120kph or something low like that ) . Since most of the cars were going over the speed limit there , I did too , but keeping it within reason . I usually stopped on the way back in Bochum ( visited Dark Monk ) , and then raced to Frankfurt . I was often back home by 8pm in the evening . Was always fun , and I had my turns in my grubby hands two days before everyone else .

Paul lived in Dordrecht , which is near Rotterdam . I would drive from near Frankfurt , leave at about 9 am , and was relatively quickly there....you have to remember that I lived in Germany . No speed limit on the autobahn , so I was driving about 110 mph , so the drive was interesting , and really not too long . The boring part was in the Netherlands , where they had a pretty low speed limit ( believe it was 120kph or something low like that ) . Since most of the cars were going over the speed limit there , I did too , but keeping it within reason . I usually stopped on the way back in Bochum ( visited Dark Monk ) , and then raced to Frankfurt . I was often back home by 8pm in the evening . Was always fun , and I had my turns in my grubby hands two days before everyone else .

Yup, reaaaalllllyyy desperate.

Your allies obviously cannot do anything to assist you.

Tsk, tsk, spongecus, you underestimate my ability to assist an ally. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to see France is coming to my rescue as well! Go kick them alpininsts' butts, France!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Spongebob
Your allies obviously cannot do anything to assist you.

Tsk, tsk, spongecus, you underestimate my ability to assist an ally. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to see France is coming to my rescue as well! Go kick them alpininsts' butts, France!!!! :thumbsup:

No they are not coming to your rescue they are marching THROUGH the alps on there way to ROME, you dumb ass ;)

I'm happy to see France is coming to my rescue as well! Go kick them alpininsts' butts, France!!!! :rolleyes:

What do I hear? doing 4 against one? Isn't that a bit steep, even for you?

Can you update us on current world events? I'd love to do the map for turn 4.

Guest Spongebob

I'll tell you whats happening, its a god dam blood bath thats what it is, you cant kill these things, they keep coming and coming until were all dead :rolleyes:

I'm happy to see France is coming to my rescue as well! Go kick them alpininsts' butts, France!!!! :woohoo:

I'll be happy to update you at the end of turn 3. For now though no new lines, just some lines getting thicker (More DW's of green vs grey)... :woohoo::woohoo:

Dag, France has declared war on Austria. No battle reports, but knowing the crafty people involved, I suspect one of his friends in either Germany or Czechoslovakia has ceded him a province, and he now has troops marauding in Austria.

Vienna is always a nice place in the summer. Lots of tourism. Good for the economy.

And so turn 3 endeth.

Central Europe up in flames with Austria, Yugoslavia and Italy each having war declared on them by multiple countries and having to deal with incursions into their respective countries; a single skirkish in the Lebanese fringe; the rest... asleep?

Italian high command rates the threat level of last month as AMBER. Multiple attacks after successfull declarations of war by Austria and Yugoslavia resulted in north-eastern Italy being either overrun or isolated from Italy proper, but counterattacks proved effective in pushing part of the Austrian and Yugoslavian forces back accross the border, restoring supplylines and isolating the Austrian spearhead. Intensive diplomatic efforts managed to persuade the Swiss governement to abide by the Non-Agression Pact between the countries, preserving a semblance of civilized stability in a region gone wild. With preparations to once again solidify and strengthen the Italian borders underway, Emperor Mickey is confident that it will not be long before the threat level can once again be set to GREEN and the cultural achievements of the Italian people shared with enlighted peoples in the region.

And so turn 3 endeth.

Central Europe up in flames with Austria, Yugoslavia and Italy each having war declared on them by multiple countries and having to deal with incursions into their respective countries; a single skirkish in the Lebanese fringe; the rest... asleep?

Italian high command rates the threat level of last month as AMBER. Multiple attacks after successfull declarations of war by Austria and Yugoslavia resulted in north-eastern Italy being either overrun or isolated from Italy proper, but counterattacks proved effective in pushing part of the Austrian and Yugoslavian forces back accross the border, restoring supplylines and isolating the Austrian spearhead. Intensive diplomatic efforts managed to persuade the Swiss governement to abide by the Non-Agression Pact between the countries, preserving a semblance of civilized stability in a region gone wild. With preparations to once again solidify and strengthen the Italian borders underway, Emperor Mickey is confident that it will not be long before the threat level can once again be set to GREEN and the cultural achievements of the Italian people shared with enlighted peoples in the region.

and the Greeks tried to break diplomatic ties with Bulgaria, but we stopped the Mayflower trucks before they got to the border and made them turn back and unload.....

Hey, we like the Greeks, no need to leave! :woohoo:

You know how it goes

My kid punches your kid

Your TA declares war on my TA

The Mrs’s stop talking to each other

And before you know it - WAR

PS - I'm still coming sightseeing in Bulgaria

What are the main attractions?

Nothing worth seeing, can we interest you in some nice Yugoslavian seafront property? :woohoo: