Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

Count me in, all alone up north... :rolleyes:

Northern Russia signing in, open for communications to whoever is out there!

Rommel

Here's to hoping your TAs don't abandon you like they did in 81. :thumbsup:

Not all of them abandoned him. I was conquered instead. Not a shred of Denmark left when I dropped. A small point of comfort to be sure, but one I insist on making (though it cast serious doubt on my abilities).

The Game 81 TA bloc consisting of Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Great Britain: Denmark was conquered, Norway and Sweden flaked, Finland eventually left (or was conquered, not sure which), and Great Britain (ME!!) survived to the very end.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in, all alone up north... :rolleyes:

Northern Russia signing in, open for communications to whoever is out there!

Rommel

Here's to hoping your TAs don't abandon you like they did in 81. :cheers:

I never abandoned my dog, he had more bite than I could match, anyone facing Spongies Dog had better watch out.

Well, I wouldn't call him a dog. So if you did not abandon him, where did you and Sweden go? 3 year vacation? I thought Joop played well, but since his TAs ABANDONED him, he didn't have a chance.

A toast to Rommel! :cheers:

I can tolerate many things, but quitting on a TA.........

Thanks for the toast, likewise :cheers: and maybe we meet in battle somewhere in Europe... (hopefully not in NR :thumbsup: )

I will toast to Rommell! :drunk:

Our battle in 85 was epic! Joop is a daunting adversary, but when your alliance collapsed it was only a matter of time. The battle for xBrussels in 85 was that of legend! Or Legendary Defenses, should I say...... :cheers: BTW, xBrussels is ours again. The former German-Swiss empire is all but gone now. Looking forward to this game, good luck Joop, hope you do well in this one.

Thanks, I must say 85 had some great battles! Don't know what exactly you were all up to, but after my first attack on xBrussels I got attacked by UK, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, the last one managed to take out my main force in the south... it was looking pretty grim at that time :rolleyes: very nice to beat all 4 out of France again and eventually taking xBrussels! (nasty DD I must say :cheers: ) Too bad I couldn't continue playing as it was a lot of fun, could have kicked maybe Iceland of the mainland also :thumbsup: but it would be in vain as I was merely playing a defense game at that time trying to hold on to my conquered territory. Ah well there will be some fun in this game to be sure! :cheers:

Well, SIM POL missions have made it official: France and Germany are Total Allies. Hardly surprising, considering that the players--if they are who I hear they are--are brothers. What other surprises, near surprises, and non surprises are in store for us in this game? We will all find out, when TP2 comes. Gonna make a map for us, dagaraad?

Well, SIM POL missions have made it official: France and Germany are Total Allies.

Don't worry, i will send my Greec friends to set up border inspections around their combined borders. :oops:

Well, SIM POL missions have made it official: France and Germany are Total Allies. Hardly surprising, considering that the players--if they are who I hear they are--are brothers. What other surprises, near surprises, and non surprises are in store for us in this game? We will all find out, when TP2 comes. Gonna make a map for us, dagaraad?

Oh, I'd love to, but at the moment I lack information. I am not in this game myself, so I am depending on the world reports that people pass to me and public statements about who's allied with who.

At the moment, there is only one such public statement. So:

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-91t01.png

It gives me the chance to clarify the status of Albania.

At the moment there is no clear pattern yet. Lots of rumours, things that are told to me in private, etc.

It will take at least untill the end of turn 3 for the "big reveal".

Very interesting! :oops:

Due to public demand:

victory-map-diplomacy-91t01a.png

All very preliminary, based on rumours heresay and intuition.

Use this information at your own risk. But it appears there are the following TA's

a Western alliance, consisting of at least Portugal, Spain, Morrocco, GB (the nice weather and beaches alliance)

a Middle eastern alliance: Turkey, Syria, SR, Iraq, Persia (the powerblock alliance).

a Western Europe alliance: Germany, France, Poland and Hungary (the central alliance)

a Northern Europe alliance: Norway, Finland, Northern Russia, Central Russia (the freezing alliance)

a Southern Europe alliance: Greece, Bulgaria, Rumania, Italy (The Balkan terrorists)

a Middle Europe alliance: Switserland, Austria, Yugoslavia. (Brogan brothers are mentioned, the latecomer alliance)

an Overseas alliance: USA, Canada and Iceland (yet more brothers are rumored to play, the brothers that need fuel alliance)

Very interesting! :thumbsup:

Due to public demand:

Use this information at your own risk. But it appears there are the following TA's

a Western alliance, consisting of at least Portugal, Spain, Morrocco, GB (the nice weather and beaches alliance)

a Middle eastern alliance: Turkey, Syria, SR, Iraq, Persia (the powerblock alliance).

a Western Europe alliance: Germany, France, Poland and Hungary (the central alliance)

a Northern Europe alliance: Norway, Finland, Northern Russia, Central Russia (the freezing alliance)

a Southern Europe alliance: Greece, Bulgaria, Rumania, Italy (The Balkan terrorists)

a Middle Europe alliance: Switserland, Austria, Yugoslavia. (Brogan brothers are mentioned, the latecomer alliance)

an Overseas alliance: USA, Canada and Iceland (yet more brothers are rumored to play, the brothers that need fuel alliance)

More YELLOW!!!!!!!! :oops:

So... first i conquer the Brogans, then the Central Alliance, then the Western alliance... after that we have to see which sea we want to cross...

I love it when a game is so easy! :rolleyes:

P.S. Although Greece will of course be yellow in the near future, it's not entirely accurate to already colour it as such... they haven't bowed to me sufficiently yet...

Due to public demand:

I wish the last one were true, but neither the US nor Iceland has even contacted me yet and they have privacy options on. I think someone is fishing.

Due to public demand:

Interesting rumor gathering.....I note that some of this does not match my information that has been gathered through gossip channels and/or gypsy crystal ball staring. Some of the info listed (or lack thereof?) may be deliberately misleading? Well, rumors & innuendo......it's all goooooooood!