Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

And so the Second Month of Conflict has endeth...

Italian High Command has placed the Security Status for northen Italy back to GREEN. While some borderline incursions by Austrian troops, apparently oblivious of the fact their home country is being wiped out, continued, resulting in the loss of the city of Bolzano, the main spearhead has been successfully hunted down, contained by flanking troops and eliminated in a giant pincer action. With the wreckage of hundreds of tanks and M3's strewn about the mountain passes around Ravenna, being encircled, outnumbered and outclassed, the Austrian XXX Corps was forced to surrender to the heroic italian army. With the lines once again intact and relations with the Swiss still stable, and other friendly relationships developing while smoothly securing a safety corridor for the Croatian Beach House Project, Italian Army Command declares the region stable and safe.

Two days of festivities were organised in Brescia to celebrate the victory over the Austrian invaders and honor the heroic divisions of the Venice Legion who showed exemplary valor and skill. Time and again they showed both their resolve and their ability to reap the lessons of combat, first in the opening stages of the war when they repelled the Yugoslavian invasion and when they chased the Austrians that attacked Venice back accross the border, subsequently as they took the brunt of the fighting in eliminating the Ravenna pocket even while under intense attack by the Austrian air force. Refreshed and proud, the troups marched before Emperor Mickey who awarded all divisions of the Venice Legion the Silver Eagle Standard amidst the cheers of hundreds of thousands of happy Italians.

On local news, observers of the foreign ministry in Rome noted a befuddled man entering the ministry who was identified as the Italian Ambassador to Greece. Rumour has it that he was sent to the Athens government to announce a breaking up of all diplomatic relations and a declaration of state of war between Italy and Greece, but was refused entry because the Greeks had just sent their own ambassador to the Italian government with the same message. Although Emperor Mickey regrets that the conflict over Albanian farmlands has led to a state of war with Greece, he is pleased that at least it is a war that both sides are happy to wage. He sees positive points in this common ground and hopes to have many enjoyable batles with such agreeable opponents.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------- BLAH BLAH ---------

An emperor of many words. Lives and actions are simpler in other parts. Find an enemy, declare war, destroy his production and his armies and then conquer his cities and subjugate the population. We need no medals for that, we do it for our enjoyment.

An emperor of many words. Lives and actions are simpler in other parts. Find an enemy, declare war, destroy his production and his armies and then conquer his cities and subjugate the population. We need no medals for that, we do it for our enjoyment.

He sounds like a politician, doesn't he?

Isn't he a Member of Congress on the side? :unsure:

Isn't he a Member of Congress on the side? :unsure:

someone has to fill these pages up while 3/4 of the world rests in peace... might as well give the events some flavour, no?. :unsure:

I believe Predator is referring to the new war between Baltic States and Central Russia. Could be an interesting match, since both are my neighbors. With NR on BS side, but Finland, Sweden and Norway on CR's side, only BS has free reign to go forward right now. CR could also face a problem in the south, with SR having no other front.

Can BS blitz east before the northern allies can muster enough firepower to make him pay?

I believe Predator is referring to the new war between Baltic States and Central Russia. Could be an interesting match, since both are my neighbors. With NR on BS side, but Finland, Sweden and Norway on CR's side, only BS has free reign to go forward right now. CR could also face a problem in the south, with SR having no other front

Actually I was reffering to myself since at the time central russia hadnt run his turn yet...Looks like Baltic has chosen to attack the Finnish....

With Southern Russia -AND- Persia having no other front

Actually it looks like persia, uae, and turkey all have no viable options. Desperate to not get conquered a whole continent has banded together...let me know how that works out for you....NOT!

Can BS blitz east before the northern allies can muster enough firepower to make him pay?

He's already paying Mark...to the tune of two battleships this turn! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe Predator is referring to the new war between Baltic States and Central Russia. Could be an interesting match, since both are my neighbors. With NR on BS side, but Finland, Sweden and Norway on CR's side, only BS has free reign to go forward right now. CR could also face a problem in the south, with SR having no other front.

Well, if you can't dazzle 'em with your brilliance, baffle 'em with your BS.