Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-91t11.png

- Northern Russia, Baltic states and Canada all seem to be in trouble.

- I would not be surprised if there are some hidden alliances out there. Can't imagine the USA, Iceland AND Ireland being un-TA'd.

- Some new wars in the RWE that I can't place.

I think most of those DW's are you-and-all-your-TA's DW's to avoid the CL-trick. Spain is a bit of an anomaly, in that she now declared war on everyone who's TA with France, but failed to BPA with France herself, i think for 6 turns now?

Northern russia is clearly the hottest country with regard to RWE-events, and the fact that another Finnish city fell shows she's alive and kicking in the epicentre of the action, even as she's being slowly gobbled up at the fringes.

Baltic States is being slowly gobbled up by Poland after having seen an early success in destroying most of the initial main invasion force. With her TA also in trouble and Polish corpses roaming free in the country destroying her economic activity, she's essentially toast.

Canada we hear little of, i guess the RWE's speak for themselves; in a 1:1 slugfest, losing three major cities to the opponent can't be anything but a (slow) death announcement.

If we don't just look at the TA's but also at the (still fluid) alliances and de facto peace-keepings, i see a movement towards two major sides (that may or may not see infighting, but just the general trend based on common enemies/friends):

side 1: dark blue, purple, dark brown (Iceland anyway, stop changing colours as i write this Dag!), dark green, pink, red

side 2: light blue, light green, dark red, blue, orange

Misfits here:

Canada would be a linking pin between the two, but that link is fading fast with Canada itself slowly crumbling.

Greece (yellow) is a non-player punching bag that's 80% conquered anyway, Switserland is firmly in the dark green corner anyway.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iceland the scum bag is TAed to GB so put that on another side.

I'll do so when i see Iceland DW on Ireland. So far, he on the other side because he has DW'd on you, and i see no evidence of Iceland helping Light Green in any substantive way. :)

Not sure what Icelands intentions are in this game but he did offer all my ta's NAP's while having nothing on the table for me...when my ta's ignored his offers he finally offered me one which I refused...The taking of the Danish island off the coast of Norway is a direct threat to our national security....Norway DW Iceland...Any Icelandic ships off the Norwegian coast or attempting to enter the Scandinavian Sea whether to threaten Norway or the Danes will be promptly sunk...

Not sure what Icelands intentions are in this game but he did offer all my ta's NAP's while having nothing on the table for me...when my ta's ignored his offers he finally offered me one which I refused...The taking of the Danish island off the coast of Norway is a direct threat to our national security....Norway DW Iceland...Any Icelandic ships off the Norwegian coast or attempting to enter the Scandinavian Sea whether to threaten Norway or the Danes will be promptly sunk...

I'm a bit puzzled... what can Iceland do to you? There's a solid line of open sea zones between the Faroer and Norway, so he can't land anything with his LCI's. In fact, barring russian mix with the long range HT's at turn 1, he can't even attack Faroer from Iceland. He may take the long way via some ceded GB port, but that's quite the logistics operation. Somehow i wouldn't be too concerned about his current attack possibilities.

Now in the future, having american mix, hmmm..... :ninja::pirate:

and i see no evidence of Iceland helping Light Green in any substantive way.

Why not?

errr... why don't i see it? One cannot asnwer a " why don't i see an action" as it's a precisely the lack of tangible action seen that propones the premisse. I don't see any DW contributive to the Light Green cause.He may be plunging the entire Irish Sea full with mines, but that's not something i see. ;)

Ergo: i don't doubt anything, i just notice i don't SEE anything that points at Iclandic involvement in any conflict Light Green is currently in.

I will visit some geysers and see for myself... i'm sure i can find some ship that can reach Iceland and spy there... :D

and i see no evidence of Iceland helping Light Green in any substantive way.

Why not?

errr... why don't i see it? One cannot asnwer a " why don't i see an action" as it's a precisely the lack of tangible action seen that propones the premisse. I don't see any DW contributive to the Light Green cause.He may be plunging the entire Irish Sea full with mines, but that's not something i see. ;)

Ergo: i don't doubt anything, i just notice i don't SEE anything that points at Iclandic involvement in any conflict Light Green is currently in.

I will visit some geysers and see for myself... i'm sure i can find some ship that can reach Iceland and spy there... :D

Sooooo, then Iceland is going to Invade Denmark? Is that what you are seeing? OR are you thinking that there will be a Norwegian invasion? The Norwegian's seem quite prepared, not to say that the Danish are not.

Just so we are clear. I have no interest in Norway and no interest in this forum. I have my agenda and it is shared with those I work with. If Norway wishes to expend resources to defend against me then so be it, its his economy. I have only signed up and posted to get the message across. Norway, the reason why my offer to you was delayed was due to other outstanding diplomatic missions.

Welcome Iceland! :D

How can you not have interest in the Propaganda forum? We have everything from sneaky double-crosses, sly suggestive comments to beautiful maps depicting the state of the world! :woohoo:

Just so you know, when i have surplus orders i'm going to send a sub to you to put spies ashore who will seduce the waitresses of your HQ restaurant to disclose all the lunch-talk of your general staff, ha! :ninja:

Sooooo, then Iceland is going to Invade Denmark? Is that what you are seeing?

I see a DW by Iceland on Denmark, i have seen nothing else on the RWE.

OMG, it's so clear... he's after Bornholm, to invade Poland! Mark, defend yourself!!!!!!

Just so we are clear. I have no interest in Norway and no interest in this forum. I have my agenda and it is shared with those I work with. If Norway wishes to expend resources to defend against me then so be it, its his economy. I have only signed up and posted to get the message across. Norway, the reason why my offer to you was delayed was due to other outstanding diplomatic missions.

Welcome Iceland! :D

How can you not have interest in the Propaganda forum? We have everything from sneaky double-crosses, sly suggestive comments to beautiful maps depicting the state of the world! :woohoo:

Just so you know, when i have surplus orders i'm going to send a sub to you to put spies ashore who will seduce the waitresses of your HQ restaurant to disclose all the lunch-talk of your general staff, ha! :ninja:

These two posts really put a big :D on my face and made me laugh. I find it interesting that someone with no interest in the forum would be 1)reading the forum and 2) post. I understand your hesitation though Iceland91. When I first came back to Victory, I had no interest in the forums either. But, they are humorous to read, at the very least and I find it fun to rile up someone once in a while - right Dageraad?

Very few people here are malicious deliberately. Most are quite friendly and rarely bite.

When I first came back to Victory, I had no interest in the forums either. But, they are humorous to read, at the very least

Says the guy with 700+ posts to his name! :laugh:

I guess that's why they call it a propaganda forum... :ninja::joker: