Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Send/Receive...

Nothing

Send/Receive...

Nothing

Send/Recieve...

Still nothing

They better get in within the next 5 minutes or else... I'll wait a little longer...

Calamaran

Yeah remember folks. Pete wanted them for late yesterday assuming nothing went

haywire. Its very possible something did go slightly amiss and hence the slight delay. ;)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picture Pete asleep with his head on the desk, with a little flashing Icon on his screen saying "Send Turns Yes/No?"

Anyone any ideas how we could wake him?

The current waiting might be the result of Pete accedently hiting the No key, trully a sad day for us all. ;)

Sir Smeg

They are starting to come through guys. whoohoo!

Hi ;)

A quick question, hope you guys can help :]

Just got my first Zip files with my first turns, should there be two files or just one?

I was expecting a PDF and a .mdb file but my zips only had a PDF?

thanks

Miltiades :]

I generally delay the data files a bit because some players have email programs that download their files directly into a folder...and the second zip file could overwrite the first. I'll be sending those data files out pretty soon.

Hi ;)

A quick question, hope you guys can help :]

Just got my first Zip files with my first turns, should there be two files or just one?

I was expecting a PDF and a .mdb file but my zips only had a PDF?

thanks

Miltiades :]

I generally delay the data files a bit because some players have email programs that download their files directly into a folder...and the second zip file could overwrite the first. I'll be sending those data files out pretty soon.

Thanks! no worries, thought I had missed something (well actually I blamed my mac for not opening the zips right... :]

Apologies, should have waited :[

Miltiades :)

All of the data files have been sent.

If you are new to the game and have any questions, these boards are a pretty good place to ask. Though there are plenty of vicious, cutthroat n'er-do-wells lurking behind many 'a space bar :) there are also loads of friendly aliens who are more than happy to help out ;)

For example, one simple piece of advice: a BI order for 99 million Iron with a very high priority like 10000 is a good idea. With that, if you ever have excess industrial output left over and some extra Raw lying around, your industries won't sit idle <gasp>.

Also, if you want to build a ship, you need to have the components in stockpile at the instant the SHIP order is executed. Since new components aren't produced until the end of your turn (during end turn adjustments, which occur after orders have been processed), you can't actually SHIP a new vessel into your shipyards until the following turn (on one turn you build the components, receive your turn results and see them in stockpile, and on your next turn you could issue a SHIP order to actually assemble them into a ship, which goes into your shipyards....and at the end of that turn your shipyards would actually produce the thing for use on the following turn).

• 2 weeks later...
All of the data files have been sent.

If you are new to the game and have any questions, these boards are a pretty good place to ask.  Though there are plenty of vicious, cutthroat n'er-do-wells lurking behind many 'a space bar  :ph34r:  there are also loads of friendly aliens who are more than happy to help out  :robot:

For example, one simple piece of advice:  a BI order for 99 million Iron with a very high priority like 10000 is a good idea.  With that, if you ever have excess industrial output left over and some extra Raw lying around, your industries won't sit idle <gasp>.

Also, if you want to build a ship, you need to have the components in stockpile at the instant the SHIP order is executed.  Since new components aren't produced until the end of your turn (during end turn adjustments, which occur after orders have been processed), you can't actually SHIP a new vessel into your shipyards until the following turn (on one turn you build the components, receive your turn results and see them in stockpile, and on your next turn you could issue a SHIP order to actually assemble them into a ship, which goes into your shipyards....and at the end of that turn your shipyards would actually produce the thing for use on the following turn).

Good Morning Pete,

Just thought I'd wish you a happy Friday. And also let you know that I truly wish you have a trouble free day and all goes well for you!

Your friend looker. :blink::unsure: