EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Its been awhile since we have had some good battle reports. Would the sides inviolved be willing to post an end result? Its fun looking at some of the huge battles.

Jem,

You only need to go back two weeks to see a real cool battle between White Shadow and Blend Me Another. Apparently the Death Star made an appearance

Its been awhile since we have had some good battle reports. Would the sides inviolved be willing to post an end result? Its fun looking at some of the huge battles.

Jem,

You only need to go back two weeks to see a real cool battle between White Shadow and Blend Me Another. Apparently the Death Star made an appearance

The battle Might be at the White Cloud HW again. I did have a huge number of ships in the yards, or was it a huge ship? Win or lose the second battle I am still outta here.

One thing on the new flag bridge.

My allies and myself find it hard to justify the cost of the orders to tear down screens now that they are a disadvantage EVEN if they are good screens with good weapons. Not every empire can build a 10 billion ton ship and screens were the one way to make the attacking empire have to build MORE items to get thru the defenses. Like fire control. AN empire that was simply out powered had a CHANCE to stop a larger empire thru screens and the 9 times PDS advantage by extending the battle. The battle at the White Cloud HW should of lasted 100 turns, not 13 and because the screens had fire power they would of been doing damage even after the PDS was gone.

Now with the NEW mk 6 flag bridge, if you have all those screens at your HW, you are screwed. I for one am looking at my HW's and asking, how long and how many orders will it take to get rid of the screens at my HW. For us it is both too long and too expensive, and we can no longer even hope to slow down an attack. I would like the feeling that there is MORE than one strategy available to players, but there is only one build the biggest ship. Kinda boring really.

Maybe I am wrong it will be interesting to see the comments, as I wait for the last turn.

One thing on the new flag bridge.

My allies and myself find it hard to justify the cost of the orders to tear down screens now that they are a disadvantage EVEN if they are good screens with good weapons. Not every empire can build a 10 billion ton ship and screens were the one way to make the attacking empire have to build MORE items to get thru the defenses. Like fire control. AN empire that was simply out powered had a CHANCE to stop a larger empire thru screens and the 9 times PDS advantage by extending the battle. The battle at the White Cloud HW should of lasted 100 turns, not 13 and because the screens had fire power they would of been doing damage even after the PDS was gone.

Now with the NEW mk 6 flag bridge, if you have all those screens at your HW, you are screwed. I for one am looking at my HW's and asking, how long and how many orders will it take to get rid of the screens at my HW. For us it is both too long and too expensive, and we can no longer even hope to slow down an attack. I would like the feeling that there is MORE than one strategy available to players, but there is only one build the biggest ship. Kinda boring really.

Maybe I am wrong it will be interesting to see the comments, as I wait for the last turn.

Three things to mention here:

1) Th Flag Bridge was not reducing the rounds, that was Pete "Screen-Code", which kicks in if many many ships are present to

reduce computation time. This will happen regardless of Flag Bridges present or not.

2) If the Screen Code would not have been activated I hardly doubt you would have shot down anything. Though I agree, you would have depleted his screens a bit more. At most you might have been able to get down one of the "Tankers".

No big difference. I even tend to believe, that the multiplying by 10 even helped you to do even more damage.

3) Do you really think you would be able to beat a 18:1 tonnage advantage with screens????? At least on this tech level.

In the early stages, yes, they are a viable option and I used them as well, but with ships in the billions and Mk IV Holographic Cybernetic Battle Directors with their immense Bridge rating, screens are not viable in the more advanced tech

age.

From my vantage point the battle was lost simply by the disparity in the total tonnage. If the tonnage difference had only been double or triple then things would have been much more exciting. As it stands, I doubt any defense force will last long in the face of 18:1 odds.

I have never been a proponent of the "biggest ship wins" theory and would much rather see echelon tactics used, but that is not the way the game is programmed.

In a future version of SN I would hope for a more intelligent space combat engine that make ships of all sizes useful and not waste NDN firepower on hunks of junk. I also like the idea of command and control limits where fleets have a max size based on the commanders rank, distance from controlled territory and a host of other items.

But that is for another game.

Good luck to all sides of the battle and in your future endeavors.

:blink:

Jem,

The battle Might be at the White Cloud HW again. I did have a huge number of ships in the yards, or was it a huge ship? Win or lose the second battle I am still outta here.

Dan,

Well, you did have 126,500 shipyards which would be good for a single 1,265,000,000 ship. Somehow I do not think a 1,265,000,000 ton ship could defeat the Death Star. We definitely know that a swarm of screens can't do it. But good luck, it would be kind of cool to see the Death Star get destroyed. It's obsolete anyway.

Numero Uno Coconut

Jem,

Dan,

Well, you did have 126,500 shipyards which would be good for a single 1,265,000,000 ship. Somehow I do not think a 1,265,000,000 ton ship could defeat the Death Star. We definitely know that a swarm of screens can't do it. But good luck, it would be kind of cool to see the Death Star get destroyed. It's obsolete anyway.

Numero Uno Coconut

You need high tech fighters and psionics to beat the Death Star :blink: