Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Count this cycle as a real late one. Battles might get ugly later in the cycle, hard to say (I've been warned that this could happen this cycle) and it was a slow start anyway because of the holiday mail delay. Have a nice Friday night and Saturday......I wouldn't expect results until later on Saturday.

Thanks for the update. :santa:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Talked to Pete and things are going fairly smoothly - no serious problems this cycle, the delay is mostly due to a late start with the Labor Day holiday delaying mail (and we also had a fair number of setups this cycle). The system is currently in the final phases - generating snapshot files, etc. but unfortunately this phase always takes several hours so it looks like it will be later this evening. Probably 8 or 9 PM our time :)

Russ

8 or 9 pm your time? Thats like really many hours into the swedish night? Darn, guess its Sunday turns again...as we have 1120 PM here right now

/Locklyn

One begins to suspect tha Pete is having way too much fun watching players smash each other's fleets into so much plasma, or shards or whatever. I have this mental image of Pete staring at the screen, maybe even drooling now and then, watching players obliterate each other. As long as he doesn't hit the pause or replay button on the box too much, I don't have a problem with this image. Does anyone else? (Other than Pete?)

All in good fun!

:)

Octus

P.S. And no mead until the files are out!

It should be 9pm your time now right? So what is happening with turns? Sudden meltdown of server or can we look forward to pages of nova blasting fun soonest? :)

:alien:

/Locklyn

The real problem is all the advanced tech. Between people building Wormhole Generators (which Pete then has to manually edit into the SN: ROTE database to set-up the connections), planets building 10,000 screen ships per turn, and resource improvements due to various factors giving advanced players at least 100x or more in materials to build with every turn ... well the old database and computer just can't handle all the orders.

I believe we all need to renounce the evils of technology and embrace our oneness with the universe. Toss away the Tckon armor. Turn the Spinal Rail Guns into tractors. Reprogram the Holographic Battle Displays to show educational programming. And for Valkor's sake, stop building mines and stripmines. Can't you hear the planet beneath you crying in pain. Rejoice in the beauty of the universal Gaia, and join me in a universal ooohhhhmmmmmmmmm..... :)

(This is what happens when people don't get their turn results fast enough).

Have you guys noticed that there seems to be another game on this board as well!? A Game called Victory!...perhaps I should start playing it to get me through the wee hours waiting for SNROE turns :)

Oh well, soon off home and to sleep...hope turns come before that...

:alien:

/locklyn