Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

I suspect turns will run much more smoothly now that everyone knows the screens problem is solvable. No sense in building all those screens, no way, no how. So once the residual screens are out of action and we all change our ship building standing orders, all will be well.

Oh, I can only hope.

Octus

(Betting on Saturday afternoon, Mountain time. Saturday morning if Pete has been well rested before 'the event'.)

Only Thursday and this thread is active again....

Building screens is not the problem. Battles, well, that's where the problem comes in. If we were all more peaceful people...

Too true.

Now let's think about this a minute. We all want turns sooner, right? Well, if they run faster, Pete has more time on his hands, which would be better put to use (from our perspective) by filling out the less complete aspects of the game, like diplomacy, cloaking, mental powers, etc. With fewer battles, he would be so bored with nothing to watch on Thursdays/Fridays, he'd HAVE to work on the game infrastructure. Why? Because our battle boycott, so to speak, would continue until these other aspects of the game are more complete. And more people have researched screen defense/avoidance capabilities. We restart the wars after all this has come to pass in 6 to 12 real months. And think of the HUGE fleets of HUGE ships we'd have to bash each other with! Then he would have oodles of fun watching those battles, instead of the tedious 10K screen slug fests.

There we go. Declare a battle boycott! Free the universe of delayed turn results! Who's with me on this? (Off to the starbars with the ship designers to inspire them with refreshments during this battle boycott.)

Octus :woohoo:

Hear, Hear. Peace and Drinks all around :drunk::woohoo::pirate2: Octus is buying the first round.

Hey, if this would work, I'd buy the first and last round! To the last alien standing, leaning, wabbling!! :woohoo:

Oh, and the bad news? I think Ocktoberfest is officially over in Munchen. Now where did I leave that oumlaut? *hic* :pirate2: and the psell checkeier.... :cheers:

Octus

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect turns will run much more smoothly now that everyone knows the screens problem is solvable. No sense in building all those screens, no way, no how. So once the residual screens are out of action and we all change our ship building standing orders, all will be well.

Oh, I can only hope.

Octus

(Betting on Saturday afternoon, Mountain time. Saturday morning if Pete has been well rested before 'the event'.)

Only Thursday and this thread is active again....

Building screens is not the problem. Battles, well, that's where the problem comes in. If we were all more peaceful people...

Too true.

Now let's think about this a minute. We all want turns sooner, right? Well, if they run faster, Pete has more time on his hands, which would be better put to use (from our perspective) by filling out the less complete aspects of the game, like diplomacy, cloaking, mental powers, etc. With fewer battles, he would be so bored with nothing to watch on Thursdays/Fridays, he'd HAVE to work on the game infrastructure. Why? Because our battle boycott, so to speak, would continue until these other aspects of the game are more complete. And more people have researched screen defense/avoidance capabilities. We restart the wars after all this has come to pass in 6 to 12 real months. And think of the HUGE fleets of HUGE ships we'd have to bash each other with! Then he would have oodles of fun watching those battles, instead of the tedious 10K screen slug fests.

There we go. Declare a battle boycott! Free the universe of delayed turn results! Who's with me on this? (Off to the starbars with the ship designers to inspire them with refreshments during this battle boycott.)

Octus :woohoo:

Hear, Hear. Peace and Drinks all around :cheers::woohoo::pirate2: Octus is buying the first round.

Hey, if this would work, I'd buy the first and last round! To the last alien standing, leaning, wabbling!! :drunk:

Oh, and the bad news? I think Ocktoberfest is officially over in Munchen. Now where did I leave that oumlaut? *hic* :pirate2: and the psell checkeier.... :cheers:

Octus

Hey I found this "ü" lying on the floor, maybe it fits. :woohoo:

Hi Guys,

Just talked with Pete and the news isn't the best - he's making progress but it looks like it is going to be late tomorrow at this point. He picked up a bug somewhere from a random plague carrier and it's definitely slowing him down :pirate2: He's been trying to work through it but you know how it can be when you pick up something like that :woohoo:

I'll get you a more accurate update tomorrow when things have progressed further and we have a better idea of a realistic ETA but it definitely won't be tonight so don't wear out those send/receive commands on your email software for now :pirate2:

Russ

Some one just ask Russ for an up date.

(He already knows me)

Not me. One more question from me and they'll probably seek a restraining order. :pirate2:

I'll ask. :woohoo:

What's the word on turns, Russ or Pete? :woohoo::woohoo:

Hey! That guy over in the starbar. Ya, the one with the tentacles. Ain't that the guy known as 'Pete'? What's he doing here! Thought he was running turns!

Oh, the special they're running to celebrate the battle boycott. He wanted in on the suds with the ship designers. But hey, this was supposed to speed up turns!

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pirate2:

(Don't have mine yet....)

Octus

How are things progressing with turns? Would be good to know if I am looking at Sunday Morning again (my timezone)

/Locklyn

Hi Guys,

Just talked with Pete and the news isn't the best - he's making progress but it looks like it is going to be late tomorrow at this point. He picked up a bug somewhere from a random plague carrier and it's definitely slowing him down :pirate2: He's been trying to work through it but you know how it can be when you pick up something like that :woohoo:

I'll get you a more accurate update tomorrow when things have progressed further and we have a better idea of a realistic ETA but it definitely won't be tonight so don't wear out those send/receive commands on your email software for now :pirate2:

Russ

Sounds like Pete needs to do more research along the Biological Weapons Defenses path.

So might as well turn to bed then and hope for turns sunday morning my TZ. You know guys, I remember when turns came late friday night my time and I hope you can turn this current direction around so we can start getting our turns then again cause this is leaving less and less time between when we get turns and when we need to send the next set of orders in and with many empires and complex ones at such this is becoming more of a chore than enjoyment when dates become pushed forward and forward so I hope you can resolve this soon. Tell Pete to get better soon. I hear whiskey works wonders for some :pirate2:

/Locklyn