Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Talked with Pete - he's making progress and although still sick he hasn't, knock on wood, gotten any worse. Still - looking like late tonight at best :pirate2:

Russ

You know Sheriff, I really thought you meant Pete had a bug (vius) in his computer, not in his body. I'll put my voodoo doll away and pull 2 or 3 hundred pins out of him.

I really do agree with Lars. (?) (!) We need to return to getting the turns downloaded on Fridays (as God, really meant it to be) so we had 2 Saturdays to get the turns done.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hear hear. I understand that Pete is sick this cycle and I really and truly hope he feels better. Last cycle it was many large battles causing the delay. The previous cycle it was people sending in their paper turns late plus a bunch of new setups. I believe all of those reasons, but it's wearing thin from my perspective. I can't imagine how it must be for our European brethern who are already into Sunday and turnless.

Once Pete is back on his feet I think he needs to come up with a way to prepare for these extenuating circumstances. Maybe turns need to be due a day earlier. Maybe Russ needs to help Pete process (not sure if this is feasible). This late Saturday early Sunday timeframe need to become the exception, not the rule. My wife made an interesting comment when I told her that I wish they'd come back 'early' on Friday nights. She pointed out that I was falling into the belief that the Saturday return is normal, and that Friday was early which should not be the case.

Anyway, this needs to be addressed.

For those poor people in Australia and New Zealand, its even worse, getting your turns in on Sunday afternoon has lead to me forgeting about my Supernova turns until a day or two before they are due again. If it would get the turns back to there normal times I would be very happy to send in turns a day or two earlier.

Pete hope you get better soon, theres nothing worse than having to work while sick, especially when work involves customer relations.

Sir Smeg :pirate2:

I think RTG should stick to their guns and start running turns first thing Thursday morning. If you send your orders in Wednesday night like you're supposed to, they'll be there. If not, tough luck. I know I've sent in late orders before and I've been happy when they were able to be run, but I don't expect it. If I turn my stuff in late, I should expect to be disappointed more often than not.

Pete, Russ: Any idea how much shorter the run would be if you dropped everything postmarked after midnight on Wednesday?

Wow, the mobs are getting frustrated and upset. Now they're running around asking for hard deadlines, immediate processing starting on Thursday, committing to a Friday turn around, and other comments about slowness and a ridiculous time frame. And here the guy is, running things while sick.

You just ignore these folks Pete. Take your time, make sure things are run correctly, and don't push yourself. Health and family will always be more important than the game. Right folks?

Wow, the mobs are getting frustrated and upset. Now they're running around asking for hard deadlines, immediate processing starting on Thursday, committing to a Friday turn around, and other comments about slowness and a ridiculous time frame. And here the guy is, running things while sick.

You just ignore these folks Pete. Take your time, make sure things are run correctly, and don't push yourself. Health and family will always be more important than the game. Right folks?

Right :jawdrop:

Hmmm - still not the most reasonable of posts apparently.

Trying again....

Is there any perceived delivery time for the turns, fully taking Pete's illness into account, whether near or far of necessity, in order that we players need not sit at their computers checking email arrivals on the short term?