Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Hi Guys,

Talked with Pete and it looks like he has run into a bit of a technical problem - the turns have processed but we've run into an issue on turn result creation (doing it but doing it very, very slowly). We were looking to have them out already but now it's looking like late tonight at best :pirate2:

Russ

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update - Ok, Pete was able to resolve the issue so things are back to a normal speed but we are still looking at a few more hours of time as the system generates the remaining snapshot files (and then the conversion to PDF files). Probably about 4 hours from now plus or minus a little (and assuming Pete's computer doesn't have any more attitude problems :pirate2: )

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh....after who knows how long in playing my beloved Unit Prime in Europe's Orion region , it is finally good to be playing a variation of Supernova.....you know you are playing a space opera when you nervously go to and from website to e-mail to see if a turn is finally there.....I remember driving to Dordrecht to pick up important turns from Frankfurt if I was super impatient....

Lord Harkonnen :cheers:

Ynoloc Consortium

Ahhh....after who knows how long in playing my beloved Unit Prime in Europe's Orion region , it is finally good to be playing a variation of Supernova.....you know you are playing a space opera when you nervously go to and from website to e-mail to see if a turn is finally there.....I remember driving to Dordrecht to pick up important turns from Frankfurt if I was super impatient....

Ynoloc Consortium

Yeah, its even worse when you're driving there from Iowa :cheers:

Ynoloc Consortium

Yeah, its even worse when you're driving there from Iowa :cheers:

ARE WE THERE YET???

Hi Guys,

Checked with Pete and things are moving along well - looks like it will be tonight but probably not until sometime into the wee hours of the morning :cheers: Maybe five or six hours barring a meteor strike, nuclear attack or other unexpected unpleasantness ... :cheers:

Russ

Hi Guys,

Checked with Pete and things are moving along well - looks like it will be tonight but probably not until sometime into the wee hours of the morning :cheers: Maybe five or six hours barring a meteor strike, nuclear attack or other unexpected unpleasantness ... :cheers:

Russ

So .. a meteor strike or nuclear attack would delay things by what .. another couple hours? Just trying to plan here just in case.

Hi Guys,

Checked with Pete and things are moving along well - looks like it will be tonight but probably not until sometime into the wee hours of the morning :blink: Maybe five or six hours barring a meteor strike, nuclear attack or other unexpected unpleasantness ... :unsure:

Russ

You'ld be the best if you were only a 599 pound gorilla!! :cheers::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

An early heads up - looks like turns won't be out until tomorrow morning. No processing problem to be concerned about - just a few things that conspired to give Pete a late start on this one :o Hopefully the rest will go smoothly - if not I'll post an update when I know the situation, etc.

Russ