Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Normally , there is already an official response of some sort by this time in the evening....

Sorry I didn't post sooner - hockey game last night and just back from one tonight. Another one tomorrow. It's pretty hectic as it's on our ice and we're running scoring and other duties for more games than just ours. Last tournament of the year, though :thumbsup: Late tomorrow night is likely.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry to see that the delays seem more frequent than not. Also its been quite a while since there was any GMs notes on new developments in the game, nor has there been any replies to questions on the board whether there is any thoughts from Pete on the future of SNROE, on when certain features will be implemented, what if any new features are being considered, not really much at all is being said about where SNROE is going and I'm getting the feeling that the game is more on the backburner with other projects being more interesting and that I for one hope is not the state of the game.

There are a lot of features that still need to be implemented fully like religion,different techs that seem not really to live up to what they say they do etc, for the older players that have been playing this game since its inception it would be nice to know that Pete is still figuring out and working on ways to enhance the game and our enjoyment of it or it just becomes more of the same "build bigger ship with bigger weapons with more screens to kill enemy to get homeworld to enable you to build even bigger ships etc".

I'm finding the lack of growth and development in the game and the amount of work and money it takes to run a seven homeworld empire to be less than fun and for the last year the thing that has kept me in the game are the wonderful guys in my alliance, which have provided me with all the tools that enable me to keep my head over the surface when it comes to play this game, the only place that has supplied these tools in the game.

I'm also finding this growing lack of replies to game questions disturbing, it doesn't work to get replies to turn questions that you need before the next turn with the next turn that doesn't help at all with turn planning or knowing whether the bug you discovered has been fixed or not. I understand that Pete and Russ are actual human beings with lives that demand attention on the side but this is also a business for which we pay rather well.

I still believe SNROE to be the best on the market, heck wouldn't have been playing this long or spending close to a 100 dollars a month on it but I'm finding myself more and more discussing whether the game is going anywhere or if Pete is content to leave it as it is now? The lack of response gets you wondering.

Anyways, hopefully turns will be out in tomorrow swedish time so you all enjoy your weekend and try to fight the withdrawal symptoms :thumbsup:

:alien:

/Locklyn

Are the words in these posts really that surprising? I'm sure every player who read that turns are not going to be out till late Saturday (US time) also had a spring in their step. Are we supposed to muzzle our dissatisfaction and pretend we don't mind receiving our turns later and later each cycle? And with no apparent hope of seeing the trend reverse itself?

Last tournament of the year, though :cheers:

So for us glass is half full kind of guys, that means future turns may get out quicker. Yeah! errrr, I'm so sorry hockey season is almost done. Hope your son did well! :unsure:

Ahh, I should have checked the forums three hours ago. Such refreshing dialogue is bound to put a spring in my step!

I've posted twice on the boards politely asking about game development and your vision of the games future without any response, I've emailed you about this without any response. I've emailed you on game issues that I wanted resolved before this turn without any response. Being ignored as player doesn't anything for any spring in my step either. I am fairly aware that you find me a troublesome player cause I've on the old board been direct and open in my thoughts about some of the design in the game that I've found flawed, weak or outright broken. After Russ asked me to tone it down on the general board and try to be more positive as you all worked through the kinks of the game I did so and have been a nice little Gremloid these last years but I find your customer service of late has been lacking and since you don't reply to mails or posts on what is going on and how you are perceving the future of the game thus I ask it here because now I'm pretty much at my patience end.

/Locklyn

Ahh, I should have checked the forums three hours ago. Such refreshing dialogue is bound to put a spring in my step!

I've posted twice on the boards politely asking about game development and your vision of the games future without any response, I've emailed you about this without any response. I've emailed you on game issues that I wanted resolved before this turn without any response. Being ignored as player doesn't anything for any spring in my step either. I am fairly aware that you find me a troublesome player cause I've on the old board been direct and open in my thoughts about some of the design in the game that I've found flawed, weak or outright broken. After Russ asked me to tone it down on the general board and try to be more positive as you all worked through the kinks of the game I did so and have been a nice little Gremloid these last years but I find your customer service of late has been lacking and since you don't reply to mails or posts on what is going on and how you are perceving the future of the game thus I ask it here because now I'm pretty much at my patience end.

/Locklyn

Finding myself more than a bit puzzled at what I am about to say:

Amen Locklyn

Locklyn,

You need to either take the game as it is, flaws and all, or quit, period.

You, more than any other player, have eked out every little advantage this game has to offer and I am sick and tired of seeing you reap all the benefits and then bitch and cry when you don't get more.

You've had more than enough time to figure out if this game meets your needs or not. By the tone of your posts it obviously hasn't so just quit already and let the rest of us enjoy the game.

:cheers:

We didn't buy enough booze to get us through that bit of news :cheers:

We'll be right there! Cash or credit? :cheers:

Ouch, Oh, the key click, sooooo loud, oh...

Its times like this you find out who your true friends are :unsure:

Oh, the Romulan ale :cheers:

Did I say friend....Oooooooh

Brass tacks. We are buying a service. You don't like the service you quit buying it.

We all know the score and we still wait every cycle, brain damage?

Some respect would be nice though. I would be just as excited to get the results when ever they come in.

My idea of respect would be a schedule. And it can be a variable schedule. Just needs to be posted. We, the buyers, have a deadline to submit our order. It would be respectful to get expected delivery date. Everything is variable. We all know we are not dealling with a machine. Unforseen things happen to delay delivery, no one will, or should dispute that. But when the forseen things can not be comunicated, thats a lack of respect.

Locklyn,

You need to either take the game as it is, flaws and all, or quit, period.

You, more than any other player, have eked out every little advantage this game has to offer and I am sick and tired of seeing you reap all the benefits and then bitch and cry when you don't get more.

You've had more than enough time to figure out if this game meets your needs or not. By the tone of your posts it obviously hasn't so just quit already and let the rest of us enjoy the game.

:cheers:

Apparently you know both more about my positions, my experiences in the game, my correspondence with Pete and what you call advantages I've found than I do myself so I really don't know how to respond to such a petty and insultive post as that you've scribbled down.

The Turn 0 players have by large been paying playtesters for the rest of the players, everyone knows who I am but you spout insults behind anonymity, good on you...

/Lars

We didn't buy enough booze to get us through that bit of news :cheers:

We'll be right there! Cash or credit? :unsure:

Brass tacks. We are buying a service. You don't like the service you quit buying it.

Yes precisely we are buying a service, and when you encounter a problem within your turns, then don't get any reply whatsoever to it untill if you are lucky two turns later, that crimps your capability to play the game and is not good service. Everyone doesn't live next door to RTG and can phone them easily.

/Locklyn