Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PROPOSAL FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING RUSS AND PETE

change due date to Monday

Input new setups TRuesday and Manual turns

Start running on Wed

Turns delivered Thursday.

While it is less days to work on our turns it is 2 WEEKENDS!

Oddly to see me on the same side with MMB :beer:, but I second that proposal.

I would also second the proposal.....make the due date Monday , and start to process the turns earlier.....but then we need to be guarenteed that we have our turns back by Friday no exceptions.....and if someone is late , tough luck , turns get run still...I have two start-ups , and the turns are already finished ..I realize people with bigger positions will need the full time , but it should be doable....

I can agree to this with an important caveat.

Before this is implemented, we need a COMMITMENT from RTG that if turns submission deadlines are on Monday, that we see them at a particluar time repeatedly, whether that be the Thursday or Friday night immediately following.

Barring a RTG commitment, this is a pointless discussion. Processing creep will eventually set in and then we'll be right back where we are now with people pissed off (player and RTG alike).

PROPOSAL FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING RUSS AND PETE

change due date to Monday

Input new setups TRuesday and Manual turns

Start running on Wed

Turns delivered Thursday.

While it is less days to work on our turns it is 2 WEEKENDS!

I usually have my turns done by Monday so this works 90% of the time for me but I am not sure that this works logistically for the snail mail players.

In this proposal, they only get weekdays to work on their turns in this scenario. (Turns are mailed on Friday, player receives on Mon or Tuesday and has to have the turns in the mail by Friday to guarantee a Tuesday delivery to RTG. versus now where they get one weekend to work on their turns because they can mail on Monday.)

So , what are our estimates of when we might be getting our next batch of turn results....I know I sent my turns in earlier this week ( Tuesday or Wednesday ) , and most everyone else will be having their turns in by Monday at the latest.

Should see turn results back hopefully Friday night, but more likely some time Saturday

So , what are our estimates of when we might be getting our next batch of turn results....I know I sent my turns in earlier this week ( Tuesday or Wednesday ) , and most everyone else will be having their turns in by Monday at the latest.

Should see turn results back hopefully Friday night, but more likely some time Saturday

Most others will have their turns in by Monday? That's a nice dream world you live in.

I intend to send in my orders at 11:59 PM on Wednesday night, as I need every last second this week to do my planning and order entry. I think that applies to a lot of folks who actually were very busy last weekend due to holidays and other activities. Which means with luck you might see results sometime on Saturday, more likely Sunday.

And lets not forget there are smail players. So they don't have the luxury of sending in things electronically. Since the US Postal system is SO reliable, RTG has to wait an extra day or two, just to allow those in the mail turns to arrive. I'm guessing late Saturday to sometime Sunday will be the NORMAL return time from now til the sun burns out (or I complete my NWTX-4000 Planetcracker and test it, whichever comes first).

I intend to send in my orders at 11:59 PM on Wednesday night, as I need every last second this week to do my planning and order entry. I think that applies to a lot of folks who actually were very busy last weekend due to holidays and other activities. Which means with luck you might see results sometime on Saturday, more likely Sunday.

And lets not forget there are smail players. So they don't have the luxury of sending in things electronically. Since the US Postal system is SO reliable, RTG has to wait an extra day or two, just to allow those in the mail turns to arrive. I'm guessing late Saturday to sometime Sunday will be the NORMAL return time from now til the sun burns out (or I complete my NWTX-4000 Planetcracker and test it, whichever comes first).

We're going to be doing our best to move up the start time beginning with this cycle with the goal of getting things out the door late Friday night and postal turns hopefully out via priority mail as soon as possible either Saturday or Monday. Postal folks might be hard pressed this time around but we can make spot adjustments if we have to and if we can get them out a little sooner they'll have more time to get them in on the following cycle. We recognize the importance of Friday night with the weekend to work on things and a SuperNova cycle tends to be a two day run even when everything goes well. Waiting for Thursday morning postal mail and any late arriving email submissions is something we're going to have to stop doing to get back on track. New setups that get submitted too close to the Wednesday deadline may get pushed into the following cycle as well. Things may still drift into a Saturday if we have a processing/code/battle problem that slows things down but the goal is going to be Friday night.

Russ

Since Martin's SUGGESION, I have seen no agreement (or dissagreement) from Pete and/or Russ.

I have to assume that WKE is correct. A unilateral agreement by us, on an electronic forum, is not worth the paper it isn't written on.

But the puck is on Pete's stick....

We're going to be doing our best to move up the start time beginning with this cycle with the goal of getting things out the door late Friday night and postal turns hopefully out via priority mail as soon as possible either Saturday or Monday. Postal folks might be hard pressed this time around but we can make spot adjustments if we have to and if we can get them out a little sooner they'll have more time to get them in on the following cycle. We recognize the importance of Friday night with the weekend to work on things and a SuperNova cycle tends to be a two day run even when everything goes well. Waiting for Thursday morning postal mail and any late arriving email submissions is something we're going to have to stop doing to get back on track. New setups that get submitted too close to the Wednesday deadline may get pushed into the following cycle as well. Things may still drift into a Saturday if we have a processing/code/battle problem that slows things down but the goal is going to be Friday night.

Russ

When are the turns due? <_<

Question for RTG:

Would it help if people got there turns submitted tuesday or even monday?

Sometimes I can send early and just don't because I do not believe it would make a difference. But if it helps, even a little, I, and mabe others, would submit when done.