Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Competely idle curiosity and nothing more - triggered by the mention of "squishy" in the previous post -

What ever happened to the Sponge? One flurry of insult and counter threat and thats it? One examination of the offending article's parentage/pedigree/whatever, and never more to be seen?

Seems a little - flat - to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither 'fer nor agin' the guy.....

....just idle curiosity....

addendum

Didn't think of that as a conversation killer when I wrote it. Ah well. life goes on, etc etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news I'm afraid - had a lot of turns arrive late this cycle, and combined with a late start anyway there's no way I'll be able to get the results out tonight. I'd expect them some time Saturday morning. Will do what I can to get the next cycle out extra early if at all possible.

Crazy long turn results for some empires are increasing the time it takes to run end turn adjustments and then generate the reports (by a lot of time). This is mostly caused by super fast fleets cycling convoy routes. Looking into ways to speed up that part of the process.

Works for me....

Now I can hit the pub tonight without an overwhelming urge to come home and check the emails every five minutes.

Just get email on your phone and no worries, you can do both! :woohoo: fyi, free wifi at your local StarBars .... :woohoo:

It seems the question was asked several months ago whether it made a difference if we submitted the turns early , or on Wednesday evening....here is the answer:

RTGRuss Mar 30 2008, 11:21 AM Post #2161

600lb Gorilla

Group: Admin

Member No.: 2

Question for RTG:

Would it help if people got there turns submitted tuesday or even monday?

Sometimes I can send early and just don't because I do not believe it would make a difference. But if it helps, even a little, I, and mabe others, would submit when done.

It helps a little on the admin side (i.e. Russ) since I don't have as many on the last night and if there is a problem with a file attachment there is more time to get a resubmission in. I'm going to be sending out my SN Check emails probably around midnight Wednesday now (instead of Thursday morning) for folks who aren't in by then and the fewer of those I have to send out the better for me so yes...if you've got your turn ready to submit go ahead and send it when ready and that will help me a little anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Russ

--------------------

Russ Norris

Rolling Thunder Games, Inc.

Russ@rollingthunder.com

So I guess one would have to ask which is correct? Or was it just that the turn processing was started late ?

Ah, bad news again I'm afraid. A serious problem occurred in the run that requires me to start over from the pre-run backup.....horribly......from scratch. I've no idea when on Saturday I'll be able to get the results out, but I'll be working straight through to get them done. My sincere apologies for the problem - will do my best to keep things cranking along.

Bad news I'm afraid - had a lot of turns arrive late this cycle, and combined with a late start anyway there's no way I'll be able to get the results out tonight. I'd expect them some time Saturday morning. Will do what I can to get the next cycle out extra early if at all possible.

Crazy long turn results for some empires are increasing the time it takes to run end turn adjustments and then generate the reports (by a lot of time). This is mostly caused by super fast fleets cycling convoy routes. Looking into ways to speed up that part of the process.

Well, I've limited my in system cargo ships to 60 AP instead of the 240 AP I could have built. Speed kills you know. :woohoo:

Oh, and sorry about whatever required you to restart. At least you have a pre-run backup. Imagine if you had forgot to do that and had to use the backup for two turns ago. I had to do something similar when our IT group screwed up data in a financial system, because they screwed up the previous nights backup and in trying to fix that, well.... Took two very long days to recreate the lost days data and fix the problem :woohoo:

Pete, thanks for the heads-up, and try to have a good weekend!

Ill second that, Im sorry to hear its not gone well but very much apreciate the early warning, this way I can plan to do my turns next weekend and just chill this weekend :}

hope you get some weekend also! :}

Deep in the heart of industrial production now, then on to turn results (that takes fair number of hours). Also though I really want to to get the next cycle out early, now that I think of it I'll be out of town until the Friday of the next cycle, so no joy there either. Aaaargh. No serious delay in next cycle's results, but still....ugh.