Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the update Pete. This gives me a good idea oif when to check back.

Ditto. :pirate2:

Ahhh... sweet smell of turn results. So lovely. So refreshing. But them *sniff* what's that .. a touch of stench? As I open my turns the stench of errors increases. Errors brought about by my own hand and stupidity. Nooooooo! I picked the wrong fleet on a move. They failed to move radioactive materials needed to power antimatter plants on colonies. The same colonies which last turn ran out of power as I screwed up and picked UP their dang piles of radioactive resources. So once again the colonies ran out of power and produced nothing but hateful messages about lack of power or resources.

I think I could have waited until Monday to see this.... :blink:

Ahhh... sweet smell of turn results. So lovely. So refreshing. But them *sniff* what's that .. a touch of stench? As I open my turns the stench of errors increases. Errors brought about by my own hand and stupidity. Nooooooo! I picked the wrong fleet on a move. They failed to move radioactive materials needed to power antimatter plants on colonies. The same colonies which last turn ran out of power as I screwed up and picked UP their dang piles of radioactive resources. So once again the colonies ran out of power and produced nothing but hateful messages about lack of power or resources.

I think I would not visit THOSE colonies for a while. :drunk:

I think I would not visit THOSE colonies for a while. :drunk:

Yes, this sort of thing could lose you a lot of votes. Only problem you have with one emporer trying to micromanage a whole empire, need a team to do that. (Minf you some empires are so big a team of players to run them wouldn't be a bad idea)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

A situation update from this end - Pete is out of town for most of this week but I'll be doing some extra support work to help out so we only expect things to slip a little. We're shooting for late Saturday night for turn results and I'll give you a better ETA when I have it. If you already have your turns in or are planning on getting them in tonight sometime great but tomorrow will be ok as well for this cycle - I'll probably send out reminders Thursday morning instead of the usual late Wed night so if you need a little extra time this cycle or want to send in an updated turn just get it in Thursday and you'll be ok.

Russ

I just wanted to let you know where things stand: the turns have been finished for several hours, but in their infinite wisdom our internet provider decided to change mail servers while I was out of town this week - and the new one doesn't want to accept mails sent by our automation program. I can attach each of your turns to individual messages by hand (and I might have to do just that to get them out), but that will take quite a while. I'm still trying to come up with a solution, but if nothing else works I'll start attaching and sending them individually. An ugly process to be sure, but that's why I spent biopoints for 8 tentacles :beer:

Ug, this sounds like a recipe for disaster... I really want my turns but I'd rather you take a bit of extra time to ensure that each turn goes out to the right email account. Sure it would be interesting to receive a turn for TErnest or Hobknob or MMB, but I guess I'd rather not have one of them get my .pdf... : )

Take care Pete!!!

Oh, I'm being crazy careful on the attachments - checking before, during and after attaching adds a ton of time, but it's worth it. The email addresses themselves are being pasted into the To: section of the email, so I cannot create typos in your email addresses.

When sent, you'll get one email with all of your pdf and mdb attachments in that single email. The mdb files are all zipped, while the pdf's are not, attached separately but to the same email. After attaching, I move each file that I just attached into another folder, so it cannot be attached twice.