Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

i really hate to agree with these "ppl" but flagritz you are a bit over the top on this.......... these threads are for us payers to enjoy our selves an that is all....... this is a game ........ no real life.... the term gypsy :angry2: is not a RACIAL slur :woohoo:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i really hate to agree with these "ppl" but flagritz you are a bit over the top on this.......... these threads are for us payers to enjoy our selves an that is all....... this is a game ........ no real life.... the term gypsy :angry2: is not a RACIAL slur :woohoo:

I am clearly missing something here, how is "The Gypsy is a mean individual that would sooner hurt you than help you" not a racial slurr?

I have no problem with the term Gypsy, many of my family are proud Gypsys but to reference "The Gypsy" as a mean individual etc how is this being too PC or over the top?

I too play supernova to get away from real life, I dont care whats peoples views are, what TV shows they are watching etc. If its not got to do with the game keep it to yourself and there is no problem.

Either turns are in or not, thats all that is expected to be posted on this thread.

Come on Guys. Lets not get too carried away. The problem with forums such as this is its sometimes hard to clearly read the tone or intent of a post.

Flagritz, I'm sure no racial slur was intended. I believe it was a light hearted joke that admittedly played up to the stereotype of the gypsy fortuneteller, but that no harm was intended. The reference to being mean certainly seemed to me to be referring to this single hypothetical individual, not to a group of people.

Rfouasnon, this is obviously a sensitive issue for Flagritz. Its a big, complex world out there and sometimes we give offence without intending to. I know the two of you have issues with each other, but don't let this get out of hand. I think an acknowledgement that this was a misunderstanding and no offence was intended would be the right thing to do.

Come on Guys. Lets not get too carried away. The problem with forums such as this is its sometimes hard to clearly read the tone or intent of a post.

Flagritz, I'm sure no racial slur was intended. I believe it was a light hearted joke that admittedly played up to the stereotype of the gypsy fortuneteller, but that no harm was intended. The reference to being mean certainly seemed to me to be referring to this single hypothetical individual, not to a group of people.

Rfouasnon, this is obviously a sensitive issue for Flagritz. Its a big, complex world out there and sometimes we give offence without intending to. I know the two of you have issues with each other, but don't let this get out of hand. I think an acknowledgement that this was a misunderstanding and no offence was intended would be the right thing to do.

I can see both sides of this as well and agree with LD here.

Oh and I got my turn for breakfast this morning.

I can see both sides of this as well and agree with LD here.

Oh and I got my turn for breakfast this morning.

If no offence was meant then my apologies if I have misunderstood. It was the top of the page when I logged on to see if turns were in and I did not like at all what I read (regardless of who had posted it).

I admit is a sensitive subject so I did see red a little, lets stick with notifying when turns are in and avoid this in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a truly incredible number of both space and ground battles so far this cycle, the most important of which involves the very survival of <insert your empire name here>. Judging by where things are right now, I'd say late tomorrow night for results.

There have been a truly incredible number of both space and ground battles so far this cycle, the most important of which involves the very survival of <insert your empire name here>. Judging by where things are right now, I'd say late tomorrow night for results.

Thanks Pete - errrr, I hope....

I'm okay then. None of my empires are called <insert your empire name here>.

I'm okay then. None of my empires are called <insert your empire name here>.

:thumbsup::rolleyes: Ditto! :oops:

Results going out very soon. Fleets were topped off with Fuel just before the cycle started, so SKIM orders activating before they might have transferred Fuel off generally show Fuel dumps (because the fleets were full at the time).

I had many fleets that were not topped off. They have zero fuel. This resulted in many orders failing.