Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

It should be noted that once standing orders are loaded in, the master orders table increases massively in size, and that doesn't count the incredible number of Convoy Routes running at no additional order cost.  Sure, it takes some orders to set these things up, but once in place they chug along in a happy, automated fashion  :thumbsup:  There are far, far more free orders being processed each cycle than issued ones.  I think the game is pretty darned efficient from that standpoint.

I don't doubt this is the case Pete, but I think this is a prime indicator that if you simplified the economy down you wouldn't lose money. I think everyone would just use those orders that were freed up to do other things. I know I would. Heck with the development of transwarp drives and high thrust engines it has become prohibitively expensive to move all my fleets around on specific missions, Convoy routes have become mandatory. I suppose long term this will cease to be true when I have established some sort of border in every direction with neighbors, but I expect fighting to break out then as alliances and various players try to dominate or conquer the galaxy.

Messing with my production queues always scares me, even after I've triple checked them. One extra zero or digit on an order can screw up the entire queue and then I have to deal with the aftermath. I think I have been lucky in avoiding this except for one time, but that one time was extremely painful and took turns to rectify. Now, I spend even more time reviewing my production entries because of it. I don't find it particularly enjoyable spending multiple hours reviewing long columns of numbers I entered for orders to my build spreadsheet. If I had the time, I'd create a script to do the compare for me. Actually, I'll probably eventually do this anyway, but I wish I didn't have too.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns running through the printout phase now. Takes a couple of hours, and then I'll send 'em out.

Note: I tested some new production notes and it had the side effect of not printing every production line item (where it says you produced such and such amount of Electronics). Production ran fine. It just didn't print everything out. I'm looking at adding a reducing industrial production capacity to each of those lines, and will almost certainly trigger that for next time. Most of you use spreadsheets for that kind of thing, but it's very handy for those who do not.

Looks like some weird production failures.

268k cargo bays, untooled, not built, no message and almost 2 million steel sitting on the planet

Only 2 of 50 Troopers created from 100 available colonists, no message.

If I had run out of IC then the program should have produced some of the CBs instead of only 2 troopers because the Cargo bays had a lower priority 1035 vs 1100 for troopers.

So Pete, how long did it take you to come up with the one liner results for this combat?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- SHAMESH [ N (Deep Red) 3 VI ] [single Star] - Warp Point 89278 -----

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

Napatha Solarum Imperium # 3535 [Ebon Field; Crimson Gauntlet Seizes Argent Galaxy]

Optic Terminus Formation [ROE: Y] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 6,000) ...

Napatha Solarum Imperium # 3535 [Ebon Field; Crimson Gauntlet Seizes Argent Galaxy]

Optic Terminus Formation [ROE: Y] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 12,000) ...

Concordium Page 18 of 90 Friday, August 27, 2004 3833

Concordium # 3833 [A Three-Dimensional Representation Of A Tesseract With The Symbol For Infinity Glowing In The Central

Cube]

2105th Nest [ROE: Q] *Total Defense* (Fleet Tonnage: 12,000) ...

** Side 1 Ships **

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 9 ------------------------------------------------------------

**LIGHT DAMAGE** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

400 Fuel Tankage, 4 Light Thermal Lance, 2 Mk I Force Shield, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive

4 Mk I Standard Missile, 1 Mk II Computer System, 1 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 400 Titanium Composite Armor

Missile: 800, Plasma: 1,056

Maneuverability: 0.100, Sensors: 0.166

**CRIPPLED** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

**HEAVY DAMAGE** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

**MINOR DAMAGE** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

**LIGHT DAMAGE** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

**MEDIUM DAMAGE** CO Ork N (Corvette - 3,000 tons) [integrity: 5,400] [shields: 600] (Green, Timid)

** Side 2 Ships **

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 8 ------------------------------------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] CO Wasp II (Corvette - 4,000 tons) [integrity: 6,400] [shields: 1,200] (Green, Timid)

400 Fuel Tankage, 10 Laser CIDS, 3 Light P-Cannon, 3 Mk I Computer System, 4 Mk I Force Shield

6 Mk I Fusion Engine, 2 Mk I Medium Range Sensor, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, 400 Titanium Composite Armor

Plasma: 3,300

Maneuverability: 1.500, Point Defense: 0.125, Sensors: 0.250

**DESTROYED** [2nd] CO Wasp II (Corvette - 4,000 tons) [integrity: 6,400] [shields: 1,200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [3rd] CO Wasp II (Corvette - 4,000 tons) [integrity: 6,400] [shields: 1,200] (Green, Timid)

Corvette racing gets ugly in the Shamesh system when Concordium and NSI ships spot each other.

Cute ..... :thumbsup:

If orders for an entire empire were not processed, then the file was either corrupted in some way or never arrived. That's a different issue. If your convoy routes didn't run as expected, send me an email about it with details. The easiest solution would be to leave the fleets where they are and have me move items from one planet to another. If a fleet must be moved, I can do that - would just need to make sure the fleet stores the correct convoy priority # that it last executed to get there.

Thanks to WKE235 for the battle post.....

Pete

There's not a Bridge Rating that was mentioned before. Will they be added when you've got the 'bracketed' bit done?

Also, the very nice SRP freebie to play with for the 2nd anniversary is much appreciated, but could you tell us how many, as this will affect what we do with it?

:thumbsup:

Mx

I've added a note in the Galactic News section regarding the convoy route issue.

Just send me a note (to pete@rollingthunder.com is best) that your convoy routes only ran one action each. You do not need to tell me what items need to be moved, or where fleets need to be. I can rerun your convoy routes from the point where they stopped, and send you a reprint.