Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Still waiting for my... sad.gif

How many of us are staring aimlessly at our computer screens waiting for our turn results?

Cheers drunk.gif

Me too :cheers:

Edit: I spoke too soon. I checked before I came over here. Then I went back and found the turn email with a time stamp of 13:29 on it. :(

Edited by ali-t-akua

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
A heads up on how the turns are going:  verrrry slowly.  I'll keep things running for a couple more hours and will hit the sack after that.  I'll finish up with end turn adjustments (industries, mines, shipyards etc) and then create the printouts in the morning.  I'm very sorry for the delay, but there's just no way I can stay up super late tonight and crank them out - I'd be afraid of making some terrible mistake of cosmic proportions  B)

Pete, any word on the June 24 turns?

There appears to be five types of people in the world today

A ) :blink: Upset and Angry

B ) ;) Average everyday person

C ) :( Supernova player

D ) :thumbsup: Supernova addict

E ) B) Supernova obsessive

Looker, we've been talking and ... well ... you seem to have slipped into category (E). Your posting about turns very, very, very early was the final indicator that yes, you to have become a SNOb (Supernova Obsessive). But don't worry my friend, here at the Concordium Academy of Reality Empowerment (CARE), we know how to solve your problem.

The basic problem with any SNOb is SN has pushed all other aspects of reality to the fringes of their mind(s). Nothing is more important to them than getting that next dose of SN play. If not properly treated, this condition can degenerate with symptons like muttering to oneself about adjusting your build queue, tweaking ship build sheets during lunch at work, maybe even searching on-line for texts where you can get just the right name for a new legendary character. The worst cases eventually sell all their wordly possessions, give the proceeds to RTG, and live in a box outside the RTG world domination HQ, having only a laptop and cable connection as their only company (so they can get and process turns). Sad, so sad.

But don't worry. We at CARE consist of many other individuals who through intervention and hard work have broken this cycle. While no one can ever be cured of their addiction to SN, we can provide the tools you need so you can control it. You to can be one of the many people who awaken each day and say "I am a SN Addict, but I am in control! I will view my turns and web postings after I handle life". You will be able to go through life and say (and I expect you be shocked by this statement) "I'll view my turns whenever they get here".

If you are interested in help, you must first start by watching 6 straight hours of C-Span while they are showing govermental actions in the House or Senate. Studies have shown that the tedium of watching politicians speak on topics followed by long voting periods has a numbing effect on the joy centers in the brain. While this may be fatal to individuals who are already depressed (pushing them over the edge so to speak), it disengages one aspect of the mind that is driving the obssessive action (temporarily) of a SNOb. This than allows them to think more clearly, seeking further aid or help. Give it a try. Before you end up like this poor soul :blink: (MadMartin of course).

There appears to be five types of people in the world today

A ) :angry: Upset and Angry

B ) :thumbsup: Average everyday person

C ) ;) Supernova player

D ) :thumbsup: Supernova addict

E ) :blink: Supernova obsessive

Looker, we've been talking and ... well ... you seem to have slipped into category (E). Your posting about turns very, very, very early was the final indicator that yes, you to have become a SNOb (Supernova Obsessive). But don't worry my friend, here at the Concordium Academy of Reality Empowerment (CARE), we know how to solve your problem.

The basic problem with any SNOb is SN has pushed all other aspects of reality to the fringes of their mind(s). Nothing is more important to them than getting that next dose of SN play. If not properly treated, this condition can degenerate with symptons like muttering to oneself about adjusting your build queue, tweaking ship build sheets during lunch at work, maybe even searching on-line for texts where you can get just the right name for a new legendary character. The worst cases eventually sell all their wordly possessions, give the proceeds to RTG, and live in a box outside the RTG world domination HQ, having only a laptop and cable connection as their only company (so they can get and process turns). Sad, so sad.

But don't worry. We at CARE consist of many other individuals who through intervention and hard work have broken this cycle. While no one can ever be cured of their addiction to SN, we can provide the tools you need so you can control it. You to can be one of the many people who awaken each day and say "I am a SN Addict, but I am in control! I will view my turns and web postings after I handle life". You will be able to go through life and say (and I expect you be shocked by this statement) "I'll view my turns whenever they get here".

If you are interested in help, you must first start by watching 6 straight hours of C-Span while they are showing govermental actions in the House or Senate. Studies have shown that the tedium of watching politicians speak on topics followed by long voting periods has a numbing effect on the joy centers in the brain. While this may be fatal to individuals who are already depressed (pushing them over the edge so to speak), it disengages one aspect of the mind that is driving the obssessive action (temporarily) of a SNOb. This than allows them to think more clearly, seeking further aid or help. Give it a try. Before you end up like this poor soul :( (MadMartin of course).

Doesn't work B)

I tried that and came up with:

27 new methods of dealing w/my Neighbors (SN ones).

12 new methods of lying legally to my Colonies

4 new guerilla attack formats I could use.

.... whatever they charge for the CARE, don't work!! :blink:

btw... any word on the turns???

Morgwen

[Doesn't work  B)

I tried that and came up with:

27 new methods of dealing w/my Neighbors (SN ones).

12 new methods of lying legally to my Colonies

4   new guerilla attack formats I could use.

.... whatever they charge for the CARE, don't work!!   :(

btw... any word on the turns???

Morgwen

Morgwen

Your case appears to more serious than that of Looker. You've reached the point where you are attempting to map reality, even the most mudane, into your new SN vision. But, do not lose hope. Yes, even you can still be cured.

First, you must imbibe a liberal dose of alcholic products. ;) You see, the neurons in your cortex have gotten so locked into their SN pattern of thinking, that the first thing we need to do is lubricate the cells. This will make it far easier for the cellular connections to be adjusted.

Once you are properly dosed, the second phase of treatment can begin. A CARE member will precisely and carefully apply a series of shocks to your cranium, in order to force the thinking patterns (now well lubricated) to slip out of their current paths. :blink:

Once these shocks are completed, and the effects of the alcohol wear off, you will once more be a sane member of society :blink: (warning - the adjustments may have some slight side effects .. but all members have found them to be less dibiliating than the continued dependence on SN).

Good luck

While waiting for turns, one could do what I'm doing now: Transcribing an interview with eight forestry owners with varied dialects, taped on one crummy tape recorder with abysmal sound or one could read jokes sent to one by friends:

Difference between friends of women and men:

The wife comes doesn't come home after a party, comes in the morning and says she spent the night with a girlfriend.

Man calls her 10 best girlfriends to check the story and they all say they haven't seen her.

The man doesn't come home after a party, comes home in the morning and says he spent the night at a friend.

Wife calls his ten best friends, 8 of them confirm he slept there and 2 say he's still there

:) Damn, that sounded a lot more funny in swedish oh well :)

Turns Turns Turns

:cheers:

/Locklyn

The wife comes doesn't come home after a party, comes in the morning and says she spent the night with a girlfriend.

Man calls her 10 best girlfriends to check the story and they all say they haven't seen her.

The man doesn't come home after a party, comes home in the morning and says he spent the night at a friend.

Wife calls his ten best friends, 8 of them confirm he slept there and 2 say he's still there

Turns Turns Turns

/Locklyn

:):):cheers:

Funny stuff.

Friday night.. 10:30 PM and nothing yet.

Takeda

While waiting for turns, one could do what I'm doing now: Transcribing an interview with  eight forestry owners with varied dialects, taped on one crummy tape recorder with abysmal sound or one could read jokes sent to one by friends:

Turns Turns Turns

/Locklyn

You have friends AND Swedish women.....YOU SUCK

Ah,yes, I've found the Swedish woman to be the ultimate Gremloid Caretaker, she is blonde, blue eyed and plays a wicked game of VtM or GURPS any day of the week and she thinks I'äm cute when I swear over spreadsheet errors or go off on one of my "Why don't we have correct and updated rules" rampages and she doesn't mind me spending huge amounts of money on it either, fortunately she doensn't quite know how much I'm spending :)

But yes, I highly reccommend the swedish version of woman, preferably younger model, self sustaining and independent with a gaming experience :)

And I've got good friends like you to cover my back! :cheers:

:)

/Locklyn