Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

You mean I'm the first one to post in this forum this turn cycle?  :taz:  Bwahahahahahahahha!!!! I just can't wait to see the two GEOs I'm doing this turn.  :D  It may sound pretty plain but I got resource hits on my Deep Core Surveyors last turn and I wanna see how much my crystal and industrial chemical yields increased. That was only the first turn. Wonder how many hits I will get this time around? Hopefully the other Deep Core Surveyor I built on my colony will bear fruit this turn as well.  :) 

Sakarissa  :blush:

Of course the hits could have been water. :)

I got my turn submission receipt late last night. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah well, yes, turns are in..... :angry2:

It might be 'cos there's a serious illness going round the Conclave, but we aren't yet seeing the funny side of what we're sure the Oracle things is a hilarious reference to the history of this weekend...

But having half your empire suddenly become hidden behind a rebellious fleet admiral and blow up a bunch of your ships that are all peaceful - with no warning whatsoever, just because you've been helping out at an abandoned HW.......

Well, maybe the funny side will emerge in a year or two - but just at the moment this might be a sudden and radical change too much to bear.......

It might be 'cos there's a serious illness going round the Conclave, but we aren't yet seeing the funny side of what we're sure the Oracle things is a hilarious reference to the history of this weekend...

But having half your empire  suddenly become hidden behind a rebellious fleet admiral and blow up a bunch of your ships that are all peaceful - with no warning whatsoever, just because you've been helping out at an abandoned HW.......

Well, maybe the funny side will emerge in a year or two - but just at the moment this might be a sudden and radical change too much to bear.......

What exactly happened Ur Lord Tedric? Some random event caused part of your fleet to attack your own ships!?

But having half your empire suddenly become hidden behind a rebellious fleet admiral and blow up a bunch of your ships that are all peaceful - with no warning whatsoever, just because you've been helping out at an abandoned HW

Say what? :angry2:

What kind of 'help' were you giving to the 'abandoned HW'?

What do you mean by 'half your empire'?

Ah well, yes, turns are in..... :angry:

But having half your empire  suddenly become hidden behind a rebellious fleet admiral and blow up a bunch of your ships that are all peaceful - with no warning whatsoever, just because you've been helping out at an abandoned HW.......

What exactly happened Ur Lord Tedric? Some random event caused part of your fleet to attack your own ships!?

Random Event?! Like what? The Spartacus Virus? Sounds like something went seriously awry in the system if your fleets can just spontaneously rebel. :D Where's that in the rules? :(

Hopefully, this was some kind of minor error that caused a major problem that the Oracle [aka RTGPete] can fix. :taz:

Keep us posted ...

-SK :angry2:

Random Event?!  Like what?  The Spartacus Virus?  Sounds like something went seriously awry in the system if your fleets can just spontaneously rebel.  :taz:  Where's that in the rules?  :D 

Hopefully, this was some kind of minor error that caused a major problem that the Oracle [aka RTGPete] can fix.  :angry:

Heh, there's no random event that has your ships turn on you. Other players or neutrals might take a shot at you, but not your own ships :angry2:

Random Event?!  Like what?  The Spartacus Virus?  Sounds like something went seriously awry in the system if your fleets can just spontaneously rebel.   :D   Where's that in the rules?   :(  

Hopefully, this was some kind of minor error that caused a major problem that the Oracle [aka RTGPete] can fix.   :taz:

Heh, there's no random event that has your ships turn on you. Other players or neutrals might take a shot at you, but not your own ships :angry:

So does that mean that neutrals are no longer set at the 'default' ROE level?

-SK :angry2:

So does that mean that neutrals are no longer set at the 'default' ROE level?

No change to neutrals - they sometimes move fleets or change ROE settings, same as always. They build ground forces quite often, when they can. At some point I'll improve their ability to intelligently move fleets about and possibly even try to command important warp points and so forth, but that's a lot more complex.

Maybe it was Taxation without Representation that was the root of the problem.

Maybe it was Taxation without Representation that was the root of the problem.

Yes, we're looking into the reasons for this, but sadly there's no indication that unrest was occuring and so nothing was done.

So, a new facet of the game to ponder for everyone: :jawdrop:

If you send in the Peace Corps past the dropped HWs defences and establish a new order with the inhabitants, then best beware that, after some 20 turns of mutual help and assistance, the drop's PDC fleet can change it's ROE on a whim from Romeo to Zulu - will all sorts of fun and frolics ensuing as your ships come to and fro on their planned convoy routes...... :oops:

Now the planet has to liberated all over again.......

So, now we know - you have been warned. :drunk:

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric

PS July 4th - we thought it was April Fools...... :python:

Now the planet has to liberated all over again.......

Do you just have to pacify the PDC etc. or did you loose control of the surface too?

Did the conquered HW produce ground forces even though you had subjugated it?

One must remember, that as far as the game is concerned the PDC is just another fleet. It just happens to sit on the planet insted of in space. Taking the planet does not give you contol of the other fleets that were under control by the Previous leaders of the planet so there is no reason to expect that the PDC would either.