Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

One must remember, that as far as the game is concerned the PDC is just another fleet.  It just happens to sit on the planet insted of in space.  Taking the planet does not give you contol of the other fleets that were under control by the Previous leaders of the planet so there is no reason to expect that the PDC would either.

Indeed yes, the fleet just remains, as indeed do any others. The interesting thing we all need to note is the, hitherto, undiscovered facet that 'dropped' fleets can change their ROE setting without any reason and without giving having been given any orders.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed yes, the fleet just remains, as indeed do any others. The interesting thing we all need to note is the, hitherto, undiscovered facet that 'dropped' fleets can change their ROE setting without any reason and without giving having been given any orders.

So, it appears that a destroyed fleet sitting there empty was refilled by the revolting world who rebuilt a pdf of their own accord and attcked your regular fleets. ?

Here is the deal. You find a dropped position and the PDF is sitting there all peaceful at ROE R. So you play nice and drop your colony beacon right on past the PDF and then on the next turn come the troops. You never do engage the PDF and it will sit there for some time ignoring you. Apparently all the time it was sitting there the dice were being rolled to come up with 00 which allows/requires the PDF to change ROE's. Once that happens it just waits for the first fleet to fly by and trigger an engagement.

That is when all the excitement starts. B)

:cheers::)

Question to the Oracle

When exactly are we supposed to have our turns into you? I know it says Wednesday and work on the assumption that the earlier the better, but as MST is 5 or 6 hours behind GMT i usually send them no later than 4PM our time which is 11ish your time, Still got one to do that's all and haven't finished it yet.

Damian

Question to the Oracle

When exactly are we supposed to have our turns into you? I know it says Wednesday and work on the assumption that the earlier the better, but as MST is 5 or 6 hours behind GMT i usually send them no later than 4PM our time which is 11ish your time, Still got one to do that's all and haven't finished it yet.

Damian

Technically the deadline is midnight Wednesday - in practice you can usually get them in up into Thursday morning since Pete doesn't get started on them until then. The earlier the better on that and the later it gets the less the chance of the turn being included on a given cycle.

Russ

Back from holiday- has anyone else noticed a problem with logging onto the forum recently?

And Friday?  Turns?  Now that would be nice!

there was a problem awhile ago but it has all been good.... I did notice a slight problem with keeping the cookie when I was using Firefox to get on... but that was awile ago