Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Uh sure WKE. I think you have gone beyond leg gnawing that this point. :ranting:

Sorry, but I'm not making much sense about your reference. But, all I can think about is one of those cartoons where character 1 tries to appease character 2. "It was a Joke boy, a funny. Nothin serious about it lad. One of those things you take to the far ends for a laugh. We're friend aren't we boy. Sit right here and relax. Here, have a drink. :woohoo: Maybe one of these fine cigars to. Now, you just sit there and relax and laugh all about this, while I go russel up some food in the kitchen".

At which point, after character 1 leaves and character 2 starts to relax, the cigar explodes. :python:

Ain't I a stinker. :ranting:

I for one dread having to wade through a battle report with thousands of ships

involved. I would bet RTG's computers arent enjoying it too much either. B)

Seriously though. I doubt this 'screen stategy' will go away anytime soon.

Player will undoubtably build massive numbers of these cannonfodder ships

and gum up the works so to speak.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uh sure WKE. I think you have gone beyond leg gnawing that this point. :ranting:

Sorry, but I'm not making much sense about your reference. But, all I can think about is one of those cartoons where character 1 tries to appease character 2. "It was a Joke boy, a funny. Nothin serious about it lad. One of those things you take to the far ends for a laugh. We're friend aren't we boy. Sit right here and relax. Here, have a drink. :woohoo: Maybe one of these fine cigars to. Now, you just sit there and relax and laugh all about this, while I go russel up some food in the kitchen".

At which point, after character 1 leaves and character 2 starts to relax, the cigar explodes. :python:

Ain't I a stinker. :ranting:

Sorry if it was not clear. I was referring to LenLorek's comment. Now here, have a cigar and relax. B)

Turns are out - I'll wait a bit before sending the data files, as some player's email programs pull the data files right over their pdf's...and the pdf's are far more interesting than the data files :python:

On large numbers of tiny screens - it's a viable strategy. It's also one I would not personally use, for a variety of reasons. They can be beaten far too easily for my tastes, both tactically and strategically. However, like so many things, it all depends on what the enemy does.

Keep up the hard work, RTG  :drunk:

As for the 'Screen Issue' hijack, I'm also in the camp that the subject has been beat beyond death into a sticky pile of horseglue.

I'm happy to see that RTG is being cautious with the turn cycle considering Homeworlds are at stake (or...steak?)    :beer:

Still not done whacking. I can see that there are still atoms bonded to other atoms in the remains of this horse. So need to beat on it a little more. Hmmmm .. I wonder, if I split the dead horse atoms .. will I get carbonation in the remains, just like splitting beer atoms?

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how many major battles will be happening this turn?  I would think that there wouldn't be that many because of how much Industry would be required to replace all that was lost last turn.  However, there may be major fights between other Empires still looming.  I'm just glad they're not happening over my HW.  :thumbsup:

-SK  B)

Our outer pickets are overdue for their automated report...:oops:

The last time that happened, we had unannounced visitors for dinner, and we were the main course :P Roman High Command has ordered a general alert (again) to all battle units and sent out pinnaces to all friendly governments for help (also again). We remain hopeful that some day our plea for help will be answered by some benevolent race of uberwarriors possessing a few dreadnoughts with nothing to do but lend succor to the oppressed... :thumbsup:

Hey, we can dream...

I wonder how many major battles will be happening this turn?  I would think that there wouldn't be that many because of how much Industry would be required to replace all that was lost last turn.  However, there may be major fights between other Empires still looming.  I'm just glad they're not happening over my HW.  :P

-SK  B)

Our outer pickets are overdue for their automated report...:oops:

The last time that happened, we had unannounced visitors for dinner, and we were the main course :P Roman High Command has ordered a general alert (again) to all battle units and sent out pinnaces to all friendly governments for help (also again). We remain hopeful that some day our plea for help will be answered by some benevolent race of uberwarriors possessing a few dreadnoughts with nothing to do but lend succor to the oppressed... :thumbsup:

Hey, we can dream...

Sounds like you will be having one of those light shows over the HW again. :thumbsup:

Anyone have the word on when turns will be shipped out? Tonight? Tomorrow?

Edited by ali-t-akua