Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to agree that the fonts seem a bit light.  If I didn't know any better I would say they were in draft mode or something.

Phasedragons EM system will not work with Adobe 7.x so you are not alone.

:nuke:

What I have not been able to figure out is why. It seems to be finding characters that are invisisble. I guess I will ahve to fill out the spreadshete by hand from now on. :cheers:

There're here, and I opened them with my Adobe Reader 6.0!  :nuke:

I've had reports that some players have been able to read their files with older versions of Adobe Reader - that's great to hear - and utterly contradicts what the Adobe rep told me, but I'm sure not complaining any :cheers:

Well, to my relief, I had no problem printing the files with my primitive 5.somehing version.

My guess is that there are some new bells and whistles in version 7 that more primitive readers cannot handle.

But mostly, it is just an excuse to get people to purchase more software / upgrades. (With the requisite kick-backs to Micro-squish!)

TErnest

Pete,

Please make the fonts darker. They are hard to read on the pdf and even harder when printed out.

Cheers

/Locklyn

There're here, and I opened them with my Adobe Reader 6.0!  :cheers:

I've had reports that some players have been able to read their files with older versions of Adobe Reader - that's great to hear - and utterly contradicts what the Adobe rep told me, but I'm sure not complaining any ;)

Pete, I feel the same when the wags say turns at 1AM MST or with breakfast in England. You dumping them out at 9pm CST is not grounds for complaint, :thumbsup::nuke::thumbsup:

Pete,

Please make the fonts darker. They are hard to read on the pdf and even harder when printed out.

Cheers

/Locklyn

On Windows XP, using Acrobat Reader 4.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0, my latest game turn report looks OK on screen and on paper -- although 4.0 looks slightly darker than 6.0, I would not have noticed if I did not put the two together for comparison!

Perhaps Locklyn needs to replace his Black Ink cartridge in his printer (and on his screen)? :nuke:

Pete,

Cheers

/Locklyn

On Windows XP, using Acrobat Reader 4.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0, my latest game turn report looks OK on screen and on paper -- although 4.0 looks slightly darker than 6.0, I would not have noticed if I did not put the two together for comparison!

Perhaps Locklyn needs to replace his Black Ink cartridge in his printer (and on his screen)? :nuke:

With Acrobat 7.0 it looks very bleak both on screen and the printout was abysmal, but only the Turn Report section. Fleet and Installations etc look like they used too. So no ink problem

Cheers

/Locklyn

I've been using Adobe Reader 7.0 for quite a while. Comparing this last pdf to previous ones, there is a definite difference. The font is considerably lighter. I'm using an LCD monitor, so that might effect it too.

On the whole it looks like a gray font color compared to a black one. When you look more closely you can see that some vertical elements are still black and the rest of the character fades to gray. The result makes it look a little blurry. My eyes aren't too good so maybe thats just me.

I prefer it to be darker and easier to read, but I managed to read it just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey are the turns ment to be coming out this week our is it next week, i'm prity shore that its been two weeks but there didn't appear to be the regular notice on the forums that there normally is. :cheers:

That and the minimal traffic on the forums at the moment. :alien2:

Sir Smeg

My prediction is that we will see our turns at 11:00 PM MDT tonight.

(Don't worry, I am always wrong about the time. :alien2: )

And I too am surprised at how light the traffic is. It either that the weather is getting nicer and people are going outside or that all of the regular posters have been eaten by their neighbors (except for me of course).

Warm weather here in the UK. Except NI where as usual it's wet, cold with the occasional lightening strike!

Expect turns sometime shortly (depending upon local time distortions) in the future. Sir Smeg, turns are due out this weekend, well Friday/Saturday, well, you know what I mean.

It all still looks fine with Acrobat 5. No idea about printing as I've never printed a page of supernova results.

I'm not sure if I would continue playing if turn results stopped working with Acrobat 5. $300 for Acrobat 7 is too much for just supernova. The freebie Acrobat Reader 7 isn't an option for working with turn results as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully no future changes will make turn results unusable with Acrobat 5.