Rolling Thunder Forums

Transwarp, strategies and tactics

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fleet has recently proved to be invinsible...oh wait I was only bumbling along. Wonder what I could have done if I applied myself..

MadMartinB,

Any chance you are going to stop with mentioning bumbling in your posts? I think someone would have to be brain dead not to realize Morgan irrtated you, which seemed to be the whole point of his post. I think you bring it on yourself for the most part as most of your post seem to have more of a braggart tone about your latest tech development or combat. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I think you should expect those sorts of shots. Just my opinion, but I would rather not see this sort of thing continue to spread to all the other threads you post too.

Leeland

I do hope that this trend of being hostile towards one another will soon end. There is a difference between “smack” talk between empires and verbally attacking other players (or GMs) on a personal level. We have seen players deciding to stop participating on the boards because of this and they will be missed. IMHO this hostility is unacceptable behavior and should not be tolerated by the community. Unfortunately this is only my opinion and I cannot give any solutions to the problem, so I wish you all to have good time on your next turn.

* Steps off the soap box and dons on the flame-retarding clothing. * :)

I agree with Ixitixl, I love the in game banter and smack talk, but personal attacks on the people themselves is unnecessary. I certainly hope that anybody who has abandoned the boards will come back. :)

I hope my comment wasn't taken as a personal attack. It was pretty obvious that Martin was upset about that whole exchange, but it happened in a different thread and it migrated to this one. It was not my intention to "drive" him from the boards. My Conan sig applies to Forum posts even more, in that the inherent anonymity of Forums fosters all sorts of discourtesies and general meaness.

• 2 weeks later...