Rolling Thunder Forums

AP

SPGraves

Thanks! So that whould mean that if a person has not saved srp's he has to research 12 + 24 + 36 + 3 = 75 turns before he has transwarp drive. Plus two to build them = 77 turns. As i have seen on this board people with many srp's could do it in 15. That means that you are dead meat if you did not save srp's.

And just to give you a real world example....

The Star League had no saved SRPs at all.

They will achieve all you have outlined by 40 turns - and that's without knowing about the NTWD originally!

But, we can also be pretty sure that the numbers quoted above are short by a fair few, after some careful analysis of the Research Report since it was changed - otherwise you may be even more depressed! :taz:

Chief Scientist to Ur-Lord Tedric

you hit the nail on the head. Time is the friend of those of use that didnt save any SRP's.

It seems the early techs are rather easily attained but as you start hitting techs in the good and superior or better the time it takes to research them increases greatly. So..... there will come a time when the player who didnt save any SRP's will be almost where the player that saved lots will be. Not quite there but nearly there and thats all it takes. I love the fact that technology in itself is not the dominating factor in any outcome in SN III but only a part of the whole. Granted having better technology will give an advantage but so will having better leaders and better racial mods mixed into the equation.

you hit the nail on the head. Time is the friend of those of use that didnt save any SRP's.

It seems the early techs are rather easily attained but as you start hitting techs in the good and superior or better the time it takes to research them increases greatly. So..... there will come a time when the player who didnt save any SRP's will be almost where the player that saved lots will be. Not quite there but nearly there and thats all it takes. I love the fact that technology in itself is not the dominating factor in any outcome in SN III but only a part of the whole. Granted having better technology will give an advantage but so will having better leaders and better racial mods mixed into the equation.

Ah Ha! :)

But don't forget one other factor.....

If a player both saves SRPs, but has also got a higher Research Bonus, you will never catch him up in plain old research...

However, in order to do that, he will have had to take negatives somewhere (or at least no positives).

The Star League spent all their points in believing the 'blurb'. They are only hoping that they are around long enough for their racial traits to win out over those who maxed RB and also had lots of SRPs. But with pesky pirates planning to spoil their day, the SL may not be around long enough..... :unsure:

It's a real question of balence and I don't think we'll know the answer anytime soon - 10 years, then maybe. ....... :unsure:

Lord High Seneschal to Ur-Lord Tedric

If you don't have any SRP's you can get to the NTWD in 20 turns from start pretty easily. Just stick 4 RC's on improved fuel for about 5 turns, then advanced fuel for about 13 turns. In the mean time get the required force shield and you should get the option for NTWD as soon as the advanced fuel finishes. So about 20 turns down the road you too can have the NTWD. If you also put 1 RC on better engines then level 3 engines will come along shortly after the NTWD.

The other way to get them faster is to put more RC's on them, get lucky and have scientist hits on your research and do exploration to get finds on the required techs. For one of my positions I had 6 hits on advanced fuel before I could even start to research it.

:)